Sunday 4 July 2010

Revlon Photo Ready Foundation








I purchased this item after reading some reviews online and watching a few video reviews on youtube.

Price - I believe this product retails for around £10, i got mine from boots for £7.99 (i had a £2 voucher).

Shade Range - I got the shade 002 Vanilla which was the lightest shade they had. There are 7 other shades available from boots. Not a huge range of colours but enough to suit almost anyone.

Amount of Product - 30ml

Packaging - The product comes in a pretty looking glass bottle with a pump to dispense the foundation. The lid is black plastic.

The Product - The foundation promises poreless, airbrushed skin in any light with complete coverage. Its oil free and fragrance free. It is quite a shimmery foundation. Some of the reviews i read before purchasing claimed that the foundation contained a large amount of glitter but i only notice a light shimmer on the skin. It leave skin with a nice glow without being oily. The only time the shimmer is noticable is in direct sunlight

Ease of use - I found this foundation easy to apply, a little goes a long way. The pump can be pressed lightly for a small amount or all the way down for more of the product. I have tried applying the foundation with my fingers, stippling brush and a foundation brush but find a damp cosmetic sponge works the best and doesnt leave streaks. I round with the brushes it looked quite cakey and thick.

Coverage - Although it claims full coverage, it didnt quite cover all my blemishes/scars but i think this foundation could be quite buildable so another layer may cover more. It did cover the redness on my cheeks and chin very well though.

Overall - this is a great summer foundation, in my opinion it photographs a lot better (as it should) and leaves skin looking fresh and glowing. I prefer this over the colorstay which is probably better for winter. The foundation lasts all day with a primer underneath. I have oily skin so do need to reapply powder during the day but not as often as with some other foundations. 9/10 for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment